ABOUT: Beier Software Development
I started BSD in the late 1980’s when my sister needed an accounting program for her business.
Since everything was DOS back then (no Windows), there was nothing “User Friendly” that I could recommend to her, so I wrote one.
- I didn’t just write “An Accounting Program”, I wrote a Windows like environment.
- I didn’t just write a database (there was no SQL), I wrote a Database System.
- I didn’t just write a menu, I wrote a Menu System.
- I wrote background printing and a memory manager.
- Basically I wrote all the tools that are now replaced with Windows and SQL.
Then I wrote an accounting program, and all of this I did in less than a year!
Recently I was asked to teach a fun course on coding during the pandemic...
- I wanted it to be fun, so I learned 3D Graphics.
- I couldn't find a easy to use gaming engine, so I wrote one.
So in less than 3 months I wrote a 3D Multiplayer Gaming Engine!