Master Of Orion – Conquer the Stars
- What is Master Of Orion?
- Instructions for installing into the GameplayData directory:
- My Mods:
Master of Orion is a turn-based, 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate) computer strategy game. The player leads a race to dominate the galaxy through diplomacy, conquest, economics, and / or technology.
The latest reboot is called Conquer the Stars. Its official websites are:
In 2017 the game released the capability of customizing the game using MODS. This can be done in two ways:
- Download the Mods through the Steam workshop.
- Upload the modules to the GameplayData directory, typically one of the following:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Master of Orion\MasterOfOrion_Data\StreamingAssets\GameplayData
- D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Master of Orion\MasterOfOrion_Data\StreamingAssets\GameplayData
The Steam Workshop method was having problems in 2017 with MODS that modify the Tech Tree or the Race Types, but they work fine with the second method. Since installing mods with the Steam Workshop is self-explanatory, this site will focus on and supply mods for the second method.
- Download a MOD as a YAML or compressed files.
- Copy or extract the files into your Documents\Master Of Orion\Mods directory. The compressed file may already contain a new sub directory, in which case you can extract to the mods directory itself and it will create new directory for you. Otherwise, create a new subdirectory with the name of the mod, and put the files into it.